Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Year

Well, friends, I suppose I should take the time to wax eloquently on the closing of the past year and the beginning of a new one, as it is my first post in 2014. I'm not going to do that, however, because it is January 9. I haven't written here in a very long time.

I have a list of excuses of why I haven't written in a long time if you'd like to hear:
- The holidays - isn't that enough? We only had four Christmases this year, but it was plenty. We were constantly shopping, since we didn't plan well, we only shopped for the Christmas right in front of us, leaving us feeling like we were never going to catch up. Plus, we were involved in our church's Christmas cantata, attended a New Year's Eve party, in addition to work festivities.
- Kitchen remodel - that should also be enough. We tore out the old cabinets, replaced with new ones that we stained and varnished, tore down the old tile backsplash, re-plastered the walls, mounted a new microwave over the stove, bought a dishwasher, replace our faucet, put the old countertop and old sink back in. We are waiting for our dishwasher to come in (should be tomorrow) and install that, our new countertops will arrive in early February and we'll install them with a new sink, then put in a new backsplash and purchase a new stove. So we're about 2/3 of the way done--but we did all of that work between Christmas and New Year's. We were exhausted.
- Work has been busy. Mostly because I was out of the office for 10 days while remodeling our kitchen, so I'm still trying to catch up. It's been fun things though--new design for this year's theme, revamping our solicitation letters, and discussing our office building remodel.
- General laziness. It's been cold. Like double-digit-negative-degrees cold. That has left me mostly huddled in blankets on the couch, and not wanting to do anything that involves getting out from under those blankets. Did I mentioned I've gained like 30 pounds over the holidays?
- I've been writing elsewhere. Not only do I write for work everyday, I've also finished my play. It has days and days of editing left, but it's done. Plus, I've been blogging on another platform recently, and this little blog has been neglected a bit.

So there's my list of excuses. Not exactly the inspirational list of New Year's Resolutions you were looking for? If that's what you were expecting, you may want to check any other blog that exists. You won't find that here this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment