Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Acupunture

I was acupunctured (got acupuncture? got punctured?) on Monday for the first time. It was a strange experience, to say the least. I'm not big on needles, and not big on lying still, but I think I did okay.

She poked my feet, ankles, shins, knees, stomach, hands, wrists, and the top of my head. Turned a heat lamp on my feet, rubbed some oil under my nose, and left me lying there. I refused to look down--I definitely didn't want to see a host of needles poking out of my body, but I just laid there and relaxed. She came back in, flicked all the needles to re-stimulate them and left again.

Finally, she returned, pulled them all out, wiped down the spots that were bleeding (yeah, bleeding. The top of my head and my foot were the worst). Then I left.

A few spots (wrists and feet) hurt for a while afterwards, but after an hour or so, I couldn't even feel it. I'm not sure if it really "worked" yet, or if it ever will. But this is something I've wanted to try since my recent foray into the natural. And yes, I'm getting a ton of crap for it from everyone who thinks I'm a hippie already for not taking pain medication.

Someday I may relay the whole story of why I'm doing acupuncture in the first place. But today is not that day.

Now excuse me, I need to replace the flower behind my ear and wash my tie-dye shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment