Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Inspiration

I've been reading blogs excessively lately and experiencing some fantastic writing. And yet, I'm uninspired to write on my own. I know I need to read good writing in order to produce good writing--but so often good writing discourages me more than it inspires me. 

Instead of feeling immersed and empowered by their abilities to make mundane stories read like fascinating adventures, or their strength in lining up words perfectly to sound both intelligent and beautiful, instead of inspired, I feel flat. Like, I don't write like that, I can never be good enough. I am not interesting. 

I never want to become a "mommyblogger" who only writes about my day and my children. (A. I don't have any children, and B. my day is pretty boring). I will likely never be a stay-at-home mom, and I will likely never be crafty or post soft-focused, overly-photoshopped pictures of my children all over this blog. I do not want this blog to be about my kids' snot and poop. Even if its the most adorable expulsion of body fluids I've every witnessed. 

I want this blog to be my space to write about whatever I want--deep things, beautiful things, funny things. I want it to enrich my writing life, and perhaps provide entertainment readers for my seven followers (who probably don't even check much since I've been so poor about updating--that will change, I promise).

There wasn't much of a point or a theme I was going for here, I just needed to find a place to jump start my commitment to writing. Perhaps I'll start using blog prompts to force me to update more often (daily, even?). But for now, I will choose to be inspired by blogs, instead of choosing to wallow in inadequacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment