Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday Morning

What I planned to do this weekend:
Brett and I were going to go somewhere beautiful to admire the fall colors. We debated Winona, Lanesboro, Wabasha, and Red Wing. Somewhere that banks the Mississippi, offers a good sampling of antique shops, and locally made chocolate. We were going to stay in a cute hotel, have a weekend free of volleyball lineups, Annual Luncheon planning, and general life stress.

What I did this weekend:
Nothing. Sat on the couch and watched the entire last season of Parks and Recreation on Netflix. And then some Rules of Engagement. We ate lots of pizza, drank a crazy amount of carbonated water and Mellow Yellow, and ignored our basement full of cabinets that need a second coat of stain.

What I'm loving:
Wearing cardigans and boots. Fall colors. Pumpkin spice. Mumford and Sons.

What I'm not loving:
Annual Luncheon. Biggest event of my career, planned for this Thursday. My centerpieces are scattered across the front office, my Annual Reports and programs are still at the printer, my keynote speakers haven't gotten me their PowerPoints yet, and I don't know what to wear.

What I'm reading:
I just finished Mindy Kaling's book Is Everyong Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns). I'm about to start Joy in the Morning by Betty Smith for about the 18th time. Completely different style, but such a good read.

What I'm watching:
Football. We're a Fantasy Football fanatic household, so this time of year involves line-up tinkering, match-up analysis, and constant score-checking. Sundays are high emotion in our home, but we both won this week, so we're feeling good.

Other things:
My car is finally getting new tires, my dad is officially retiring, my best friend is pregnant (yay Emily!), and I'm nearly finished writing my play. Did I mention I've been sort of busy lately?

1 comment: