Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I Really Meant To Love You

A few weeks ago, Brett and I saw Two Guns. Yep, this movie:


There is a moment I haven't been able to get out of my head. Obviously, this movie isn't going to be winning any writing awards, but there was so much power in these few lines, I've been pondering them deeply ever since. It takes place between Denzel and his way-too-young girl of choice. He's undercover, she's his handler--a forbidden romance, ongoing for who knows how long. It means something to both of them, but not enough to either one.

The girl finally has to ask: Did you ever really love me?

And Denzel, in his sweet, raspy voice, finally answers: I really meant to love you.

Good stuff. There's a full blog post coming about these very same thoughts...somehow connected to this Slate article on arranged marriage.

Cliffhanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment