Tuesday, August 13, 2013

30-Day Shred Review


Every day I was working through Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred, I kept a journal. I included the entire thing in the next post. When I was trying to decide if I was going to follow through with this program, I googled a bunch of other people's Shred journals, and it was amazingly helpful. It was good to know what levels were hard, what people liked, and if they even thought it worked.

If you’re reading this because you googled “30-Day Shred Results” because you’re on the fence about doing it…here’s my advice: do it. Just start it. Every day gets easier. There are days you will not feel like doing it. Do it anyway. Take one day a week off (I took Sundays off) and just push yourself to that day. If you've already started and wondering if you should keep going: yes. Keep going. It gets better. The results are coming.

This whole thing was a struggle--I'll admit that, and you'll read it in the journal. This was not easy. Every day I had to figure out how I was going to make it work—between work conflicts, other commitments, meetings, and even just hanging out with friends. I felt like I was in a constant struggle to figure out if was going to have time to shred and shower—and not shower three times a day.

During the workout, yes, you want to die. But one of the greatest feelings in the world is taking a cool shower after an intense workout. You will get results. Drop 20 pounds in 30 days? No. That is not going to happen. But my arms look better than they have in years. My back is strong and muscular. I lost three inches off my butt. My thighs no longer jiggle when I run up the stairs. I’ve lost about three inches off my waist, and I’m back into my skinny pants. It was worth it. All the sweat, all the rug burns on my elbows (seriously, use a yoga mat or blanket for Level 3), all the sore muscles. Totally worth it.

Although, on the last day, at the end of the video when Jillian says, “I’ll see you tomorrow,” I may have yelled, “No you won’t!”

I also took progress photos every five days. But those are not likely to see the light of the internet day.

1 comment:

  1. I love the 30-day Shred! It's aweful and fantastic at the same time. My problem is that I usually start it and go for a good week straight and then get too busy to keep going. It's an awesome program though, I swear at Jillian a lot and yell things at her...but it's all totally worth it in the end. Go you!!

    ReplyDelete