Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Weekend Recap

I feel like I am returning to the real world today. Yesterday I called in sick to work in the morning and then worked from home in the afternoon. I picked up some horrible sinus infection over the weekend.

The very fast weekend which included a 12-hour round trip drive to International Falls. Being cramped in Brett's truck for 6 hours at a time is never good, add in a husband and brother-in-law who are carrying all kinds of germs that never seem to make them sick. By the time we got there Friday night, I could tell I was ill, but I was seriously hoping it was just a cold. By Saturday, I was infected. 

But we still celebrated Christmas with Brett's dad and his family, and I napped in a chair while everyone else enjoyed Madagascar 2 and 3. Whenever we make that trip in a weekend, Sunday morning always come around very quickly, and it's back into the truck for another six-hour drive. We made it with only one stop (which was sort of a miracle because I was drinking my weight in Sunny D--name that movie reference!--to fight the infection). 

We are home, officially done with Christmas 2012, and I'm back into the full swing of being basketball coach's wife and getting ready to chaperone a tournament this weekend. So I need to be healthy. Bring on the Vitamin C. 

Here's one photo from our weekend (excuse the quality, taken on my phone). This is the view of my in-law's backyard. That's Canada across the river.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment