Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Season

Today I am making cutouts of my co-workers and drawing little green Santa hats on their staff photos for a team Christmas card. Yep. I'm basically doing an art project.

It's a good day. Relaxed at work. There are only a handful of us coming into tomorrow--the day before Thanksgiving. It will be quiet. I will play my Bon Iver Pandora station (still can't get enough of it. I find new artists I love every time it plays).

We'll put our Christmas tree up on Friday, and hopefully take our Christmas card photos. That's new for us, and I'm excited. I have a great photo planned--getting it to turn out how I'm imagining might be something different entirely.

We're going to my grandparents' house in Butterfield for Thanksgiving. I'm excited to see my family, though definitely a little sad. And nervous. This will be the first holiday together since my grandmother passed away last May. There will definitely be a hole at the table this year, and in our hearts. I miss her all the time and wonder when it will start to get easier.

I'm ready for a long overdue date with Brett at Olive Garden on our way to Butterfield tomorrow. I'm ready to sleep in and spend some time away from work. I'm ready to eat stuffing and pumpkin pie (but not too much--I'm planning to lose 20 pounds by my birthday in February!)

Soon it will be Christmas season. I already have planned for us to go visit the Macy's 8th Floor Christmas exhibit and see the Holidazzle parade. Brett and I are playing Mary and Joseph in this years' church Christmas Cantata (yup). This is our first Christmas in our own house (lights already up outside!) and I can't wait to make the inside a Christmas Wonderland.

It's a good year. I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment