Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas List

Below is my Christmas List in photos. In truth, it contains nothing that I actually asked for when family asked for my Christmas list, but here are some things I’m really wanting right now. This may work as good suggestions if your wife or girlfriend has similar tastes to me.

1. The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories 2, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, HitRECord
Yes, the Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the mastermind behind HitRECord and the Tiny Book of Tiny Stories. This volume (2) just came out in November, and though I haven’t read much of it, I know it promises to be brilliant. This can be a great stocking stuffer gift, or a great gift for that hard-to-shop-for cousin or uncle. I’m a big fan of the “tiny stories” genre (I suppose in the snotty writing department at Northwestern we called it “flash fiction”). 

Brett and I finally bought a fancy camera, but the Woot deal didn’t come with a bag. Of course, I would love a something vintage and shabby for a bag, but I also don’t want to get stuck carrying it ALL THE TIME. He might be willing to carry this since it doesn’t look so much like a purse. And it’s not your standard marshmallow bag that cameras usually come with.

I love a good vintage birdcage. I’ve been looking for one like this for a while to hang in the dining room. Things I look for in a birdcage: hook (to hang, not stand); long shape, not boxy; and a good finish. I do like the look of wood, but I like the brassy finish on this one.

I really want a large dandelion print for above our bed. I actually rearranged our bedroom to make this happen. This one is gorgeous; however, I will probably have my dad paint me one (once he finishes my pallet shelf and kitchen pantry…I keep him a little busy).
I have been looking for a mustard cardigan for about three years now. I generally like to buy my cardigans from thrift stores so they have that soft, lived-in feel. New ones feel really starchy. And it’s hard to come by mustard sweater at our local Salvation Army (believe me, I look every couple of weeks!). This one from Target is the shape and style I want, so I may have to just break down and buy new.

So there’s my top five Christmas List for the vintage-loving, artsy, mid-twenties woman in your life.

1 comment:

  1. Fun post! I should make a list of my Christmas 'wants'...but it would be 100 items-ha! No, really, I love the bird cage-I have a couple and they are among my favorite things. Hope you get one :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete