Friday, September 7, 2012

Changes

Things look a little different now. When I started this blog, I was recently married and very unemployed. It was designed to house all of my fabulous creative writing I drafted during that unemployment and new adventure into being a 22-year-old housewife. Only I didn't do very much writing and eventually landed a job.

So this blog has become less themed, more of a small space for me to document things I might want to remember later. It's also a journal for me to sort out thoughts I haven't been able to communicate with anyone else. Who knows what (or when) I'll post now. But really, the overall goal has always been the same--I need a place to write, to think, to process, and to journal. And this is that little place. 

The new title--"Little Moments and Fun Adventures"--is pretty meaningless to anyone other than Brett and me. But to us, it's everything. It sums up who we are and what we do. "Little Moments" is our reminder to each other to celebrate and cherish the little moments every day, even if it's hard to recognize that a little moment is happening. And "Fun Adventures" is basically everything we do. If we drive somewhere and might get lost, or do something we've never done before, or do anything spontaneous, we go into it saying, "oh well, it'll be a fun adventure." (It's also what I call anything I want Brett to do with me that he doesn't want to--like, "please come to WalMart with me to buy toothpaste...it'll be a fun adventure!").

I do appreciate all my readers, so please stay. Offer advice. Comment. Mock. Just have some conversation with me. I'm a writer, so a world without communication is a lonely place. In fact, it's solitary confinement.

No comments:

Post a Comment